Does this sound like you? You have that optimism that you can have a career that changes the world. You want to work with people, make a difference in their lives, and get the breadth of experience you can build a meaningful career on.
If so, you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
We’re MakerKids, developing STEM maker learning programs for kids. We started the first makerspace for kids in the world and now run virtual STEM programs on coding, robotics and Minecraft that help build confidence, social skills, resilience and a positive relationship with technology. We ignite kids’ potential and inspire them to be inventors, entrepreneurs, and innovators.
We’ve been featured in major media such as Wired, CTV and the Globe and Mail, and have spoken at SXSW, Maker Faire, MakerCon, and more. We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for leaders to grow with us and ultimately drive our mission forward. Right now, we’re looking for a Marketing Intern.
About the Role
We are a fast-moving startup and are looking for a highly motivated Marketing Intern. The Marketing Intern will take full ownership of multiple marketing campaigns at MakerKids, be responsible for implementing our growth strategies, encompassing both customer acquisition and retention marketing. Additionally, you will set key performance targets (CPL, CAC) and report on results.
MakerKids’ work doesn’t stop with programs - we are constantly working towards building educational solutions for all. At MakerKids, you will find a flat organization where you can work with highly optimistic low ego, and exceptionally talented individuals who look forward to solving hard problems.
You want to work in a small team making a difference in families’ lives. You love how the combination of marketing, sales, and customer interaction when perfectly tuned can build massive businesses. You are excited by the prospect of revolutionizing multiple industries. You can juggle many tasks simultaneously. You are detail-oriented and love asking why many times till you understand something from first principles. You love to test and measure each hypothesis to convince yourself.
What you'll do
• Manage all of MakerKids’ social media accounts and set strategies to drive growth
• Measure the customer journey across multiple channels: social media, blog posts, newsletters, ads, SEO and word of mouth.
• Work with the marketing and sales teams to build a growth strategy that matches sales targets.
• Develop ideas to streamline the customer onboarding journey.
• Generate and pull new content from our user base.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of emotional intelligence.
Nice to Have
• Previous experience working in marketing roles
• Previous experience managing social media accounts and ad accounts
• Experience with graphic design
• Experience with Wordpress
• Experience with SEO
• Experience doing video editing
If this opportunity sounds like the meaningful, career-building challenge you’ve been looking for, we can’t wait to meet you!
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.